Hair grows about 2-3 cm every couple of months. Each hair grows for 2 to 4 years, remains at that length for a brief period, then falls out. A new hair begins to grow in its place. In any one time, about 80% of the hair on your head is in the growing stage and 20% is in the resting stage.
Baldness happens when hair falls out but new hair does not grow in its place. The reasons of failure to grow new hair in female pattern baldness is not well understood, but it is connected with genetic tendency, aging, and levels of hormones (usually androgens, the male sex hormones).
Changes in the levels of androgens can influence hair production. For example, after the hormonal changes that begin during menopause, many women find that the hair on their head has become thinner while facial hair has become thicker.
Hair loss can occur in women for reasons other than female pattern baldness, including the following:
- Temporary shedding of hair that may happen after surgery, pregnancy or after a major illness.
- Diseases like diabetes or lupus
- Iron or vitamin deficiency
- Patchy areas of total hair loss (alopecia areata– an immune disorder causing temporary hair loss)
- After chemotherapy and from some other medications
- Hormonal imbalance (excess testosterone or thyroid hormone imbalance)
Hair loss due to these reasons is usually reversible when it is identified and dealt with correctly. Do not waste your time with the harmful chemicals. Use totally natural Arganlife Hair Care Product !